Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Small laser printer replacement - recommendations?

In article , Huge
On 2017-11-29, charles wrote:
In article , Iggy
m wrote:
replying to Another John, Iggy wrote: From a U.S. perspective. The
Brother brand has done perfectly well for me for over 20-years. And
the leaders that most people find solid in everyway for Lasers are
Brother, HP, Canon, in that order. I've never had a problem with Dell,
Lexmark or Samsung and they're also very popular. Epson though, I've
only experienced in Ink and everything's horrible. The keypads don't
function well, the manual's terrible and the Ink is tiny and gets
overly wasted in the trap. I wouldn't buy a Laser from Epson.

I believe they have stopped making them, wanting everybody to go over
to inkjet.

God alone knows why.

according to Epson they are faster and cheaper to buy and to run with ink
tanks rather thena tiny cartridges.

Inkjets are **** and I won't have one in the house.

While not ideal as general purpose printers, its hard to touch them if
you want to do high end photo prints.

(although Dye Sub is probably better, it never really caught on for the
consumer market).

--
Cheers,

John.