oldal4865

Default A/C & Heater Replacement??

Bubba wrote in message ...
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:25:42 -0500, "oldal4865"
wrote:

ishtarbgl wrote in message

This is a chance to demonstrate how public-spirited you are.

1. Call cops
2. Cooperate with cops in setting up sting operation for these birds

who
are trying to adjust your disposable income for the coming year or two.

Yellow flame means insufficient air. Usually can be adjusted in the
twinkle on an eye. . .or the flick of a wrist just before you got there
(i.e. from blue to yellow for the sales pitch)

Cracked heat exchangers are as old a furnace scam as there is. However,
they usually pull it on older widows. Going after expectant parents is a
stroke of genius.

Regards
Old Al

Old Al,
Your advice was ok up until the last paragraph. A cracked heat
exchanger is NOT AN OLD SCAM, you fool. Anything can be a scam but a
real crack in a heat exchanger is not something to take lightly. Was
that furnace really cracked? I have NO unearthly idea. A second
opinion is in order. Dont make everyone think a crack is a scam. Its
Not.
Bubba

See the "evidence" of a cracked heat exchanger. . .the yellow flame.

We had the cops put out a newspaper bulletin when birds like that came
through our town.

Regards
Old Al