Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] bin@nomailthanks.com is offline

Default Most cost effective heating for shed and stove.

On 28/11/2017 01:44, Iggy wrote:
replying to bin, Iggy wrote:
Rod Speed's got it. Actually, the problem with a Resistance Heater is that
it's much more wattage and has a, comparatively, miniscule hot spot with no
buffer or heat exchanger. Even at 1500-watts a Resistance Heater Is only
effective for close proximity and takes very long to heat up a space's
items
(heat soak), due to its lack of Volume Heat.

If he does something like the video with glass instead of ceramic, he gets
both light and heat by creating a heat exchanger...where mostly just the
outside surface heat is blown off but not much of the heat source is
depleted,
creating a constant provision of steady heat. If he needs to adjust to
lower
and higher demands, he just removes or re-installs bulbs (or unscrews
partially, if he opts for that convenience).

I think we'll just agree to differ on that. Unless the light is needed a
fan heater will be more efficient.
(I don't know why you made the "Rod Speed" comment.)