Duane Morin

Default Removing & Cleaning Fireplace Doors

Our bifold glass fireplace doors have got enough soot on them that
we'd like to fix/replace them. Most of it has been there since before
we bought the house.
I've tried reaching in by hand to scrub them but the problem is
reaching.

Should there be a way that I can remove these doors in order to clean
them?
How would that work, exactly? I tried lifting them out of the track
but that doesnt work. It seems like the glass is clamped in at top
and bottom, where there are screws, but the screws are placed in such
a way that I'm not sure I could get a screwdriver in there without
taking the whole frame completely off the brick.

Am I missing something simple? My wife wants to just replace them
completely, simply because we don't know how to clean them properly.

Duane