Posted to uk.d-i-y
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default building control for windows

On Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 6:12:08 PM UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 26/11/2017 17:49, Tim Watts wrote:
Or, 3rd option: Don't bother and if you sell the house, get indemnity
insurance. After 2 years, the LBA cannot prosecute you anyway for what
is a technical breach (failure to notify) and they won't anyway - no one
every got prosecuted for changing their windows.

They (the various BCO's) had their own survey, sent out by the
EST (afaik) where they were asked what they would do about
non-compliance with Part-L and most said they would do nothing
unless it coincided with additional more serious problems. They
would just keep a marker on file.

I did have a link to it some point, but cannot find it.

I know of at least three houses near me where single glazed
windows have been replaced with like-for-like and I even
asked one guy who was doing the work and his attitude was
'who cares ?, the owner is paying'.

if the windows comply with Part-L to the letter, then it's
up to you if decide to pay for a pointless piece of paper.

Thanks guys. Another reason not to use installers with their FENSA scare stories.