Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pedestal Mounted Vise

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 17:17:10 -0800 (PST), Bob La Londe
wrote:

Jim, My dad has a chain style pipe vise on a tripod (sorta) and its actually quite light. I can pick it up and set it in pickup bed quite easily. The third leg is on the end of a 6 foot back with a V on top and the third leg on the bottom. I think its made out of 2" conduit. Its probably close to 40 years old.

I have several of these:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....CL._SY450_.jpg

They work good for what they are. But wrenching a pipe threader
around can move them.

I picked up one of these not long ago...

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/700-power-drive

and it will..will lift the unit in a flash if one has the threader on
the wrong side of the pipe...or if one isnt scrupulous about thread
clearing before backing off the thread.

Btw...anyone have a 3/4" die to fit one of these? I sorely need one.

Gunner

---