Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Sky dish and new dish for Polish TV questions

On 24/11/2017 20:20, Murmansk wrote:
A friend of mine has a house she rents out in North Wales.

It has a Sky dish and frightening numbers of cables going from that
all over the house to each room.

A new tenant wants to install another dish so he can watch Polish TV
and I have some questions.

Would it be realistic to use the Sky dish and just point it at
another satellite?

It might be if the satellite is visible from that location. It will
likely be a fair bit closer to the horizon and may need a larger
dish to get enough signal since the purpose of a Polish language
satellite will invariably be to illuminate Poland with the signal.

Would it be realistic to replace the Sky dish with the "Polish" dish
and use all the existing wiring, with a view to getting him to get it
put it back when his tenancy ends?

It might be easier to install a second dish. My instinct is that the
dish to get a decent Polish satellite signal in the UK will need to be a
fair bit bigger than a toy Sky dish. I expect there are folk in the
local Polish community who can advise.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown