Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Storage Unit locks, using one "at home"?

On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 09:35:33 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 04:41:27 -0800
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 08:17:58 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 22:18:33 -0600
Jon Elson wrote:

snip

[...]

Depends on the vintage. Newer versions have a hardened steel ball
pressed into that spot...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NGTJRZT/

Indeed. The original version were brass plated with chrome..then
stainless steel bodies, hardened stainless steel (416) and so forth.

---

There are some oddities to watch for too. May get you some extra money
selling to collectors and/or lock-sport enthusiasts. Lock-sport people
don't necessarily worry about working keys to go with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VohSRh1O6jQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-ppKbDcrNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M5lRvQ05Us

I don't have any of these. Maybe someday I'll stumble across them for
cheap

Fascinating locks! The 11 pin and the flat key look like utter
bitches!!

Thanks!!