Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.support.depression
Doug Laidlaw[_2_] Doug Laidlaw[_2_] is offline

Default Oven not lighting up, need help. [SPOILER: suicide]

On 25/11/17 01:37, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 11/23/2017 12:14 PM, Wm wrote:
replying to Mikepier, Wm wrote:
Having the same trouble on our first time using the oven in this POS
stove.
Unfortunately this is our Thanksgiving meal that we can not cook for
our 88 yr
old mother at her home 300 miles from our home.

The old whore should be in a skilled nursing facility.

Maybe, but with the reduction in taxes, there will be no Government
contribution. You won't be putting in for it, so what is it to you?

We try as possible to keep elderly and disabled people in their home
environment. The care in a skilled facility is better, but keeping the
family unit together helps them to live longer. My father-in-law was in
a nursing home for years. He had Parkinson's Disease, and in the later
years, didn't respond much. Keeping the family together makes for a
stronger society, as well. Before the Industrial Revolution, most
people died at home. With an 88-y-o mother, wouldn't you do the same?
Or would you be like Nero, who got hit men to kill his mother?

Here in Australia, several surveys have demonstrated that by giving
residents adequate care in low-care nursing homes, they can be prevented
from ending up in an intensive care one, and the cost to Government will
be reduced. But the politicians haven't acted on any of the reports.

You shouldn't post to a group dealing with suicide, unless you have a
personal reason to do so. And even then, you should use a spoiler in
your Subject: heading."Copycat" suicides can happen, especially if the
first person is high profile. I went to a Web page for a place in Wales
for genealogical research, and found that it had been in the grip of a
suicide epedemic for two years. No reason for it could be found. The
reporter mentioned that the same thing has happened in Australia, among
other places, but gave no further details. A close friend of one girl
who had died there, was fairly certain that Facebook had no effect. A
garish tabloid newspaper with photos of 6 girls on the front page,
wouldn't have helped.

Doug.
--
No man is an island. Don't send to know for whom the bell is tolling.
It is tolling for you.