Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Woody[_11_] Woody[_11_] is offline

Default Strange BT broadband pricing

"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
On 22/11/2017 16:12, Andrew wrote:
On 22/11/2017 15:13, Graham J wrote:
Andrew wrote:
My latest BT bill shows broadband and line rental charged at
£35.99
after many years of separate line rental and bband charges and
various discount, all of which have now vanished.

They have been nagging me with free infinity activation for
ages so out of interest I had a look at what their so-called
offers are :-

cost type speed limit cloud
35.99 (now) adsl2+ ~20Mb (*) 15GB not sure

29.99 (42.99) adsl2+ ~20Mb none 200GB

34.99 (??) inf ~38Mb 30GB 10GB +£50 activation
36.99 (49.99) inf ~52Mb none 200GB
40.99 (56.49) inf ~76Mb none 1000GB

Figures in backets are presumably what will be charged in 18
months time after contract expiry.

In other words, I could double my monthly allowance, and get
a small speed increase while paying £1 a month less than I pay
now for Option 1 normal broadband. Odd for BT to give anything
away !.

Does anyone know any hidden catches ?.

The catch is that it is BT.

Try a sensible supplier ...

And lose my main email address that everyone knows ....

Cheap enough to get your own domain name which you can take with you
if/when you change supplier. Tell 'everyone' to use it and run both
in parallel until they've all got the message.

Very much +1.

I have a .net domain which costs me £65 for 5 years with all e-mail
forwarding included.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com