Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default Google admits it tracked user location data even when the settingwas turned off

harry newton wrote on 11/22/2017 12:05 AM:
He who is rickman said on Tue, 21 Nov 2017 23:53:06 -0500:

You would love for that to be the case, but you're jumping to conclusions
out of confirmation bias (i.e., you *wish* it were true).

I'm the one *reporting* the issue here, not you, for heaven's sake.
I'm the one intimating Google can get *sued* for this, perhaps.
I'm the one asking for more information, for heaven's sake.
I'm the one who said Mashable errantly minimized the danger.

Not you. Not nospam. Me.

All I'm saying are facts.

And speculation... "it doesn't appear to be something
they sanctioned (because they wouldn't likely have agreed to terminate the
practice so quickly if they had their legal ducks already lined up)."

All you've said, is nothing of value.

I think there is value in distinguishing between the facts and your
speculation.

So I'm the one asking *you* (and everyone here) what *they* have on their
phone that resembles "Firebase Cloud Messaging" services running.

Which has nothing to do with reporting facts.

Where's the value YOU added?

Pointing out your speculation which is *not* fact.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998