Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair
harry newton harry newton is offline

Default Google admits it tracked user location data even when the setting was turned off

He who is rickman said on Tue, 21 Nov 2017 23:53:06 -0500:

You would love for that to be the case, but you're jumping to conclusions
out of confirmation bias (i.e., you *wish* it were true).

I'm the one *reporting* the issue here, not you, for heaven's sake.
I'm the one intimating Google can get *sued* for this, perhaps.
I'm the one asking for more information, for heaven's sake.
I'm the one who said Mashable errantly minimized the danger.

Not you. Not nospam.
Me.

All I'm saying are facts.
All you've said, is nothing of value.

I'm asking others to look on their phones for these reputed "Firebase Cloud
Messaging" services.

My phone is jailbroken where I can delete anything I want, where I *looked*
for anything on the phone remotely resembling a "Firebase Cloud Messaging"
service. I have plenty of root-only apps which seek out such things, but I
haven't seen it yet.

Admittedly, my phone is ancient, where the articles specifically mentioned
only the newer Android phones were updated in January of this year to send
the unique cell tower ID to Google servers.

So I'm the one asking *you* (and everyone here) what *they* have on their
phone that resembles "Firebase Cloud Messaging" services running.

Where's the value YOU added?