Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Declining percentage of households that report gun ownership

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 21:00:59 -0500, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

Then we follow the FBI, and not the various polls. OK?

I've been using FBI/UCR data since the days I had to go to a major
library and look the numbers up on computer printouts. I can't think
of any contradictions between the FBI and the Zogby poll linked to
above.

The Zogby poll cited just above says nothing about the trends in the US gun
inventory, increasing or decreasing.

When we disciussed this in 2016, the cited polls claimed decrease; this is
directly contradicted by the FBI data. In round numbers, it was 30 million
new guns per year, adding to an existing inventory of order 300 million guns,
or 10% increase per year. I give the FBI far more weight than any poll.

Joe Gwinn

But...but...but its only a few old gun owners adding to their
stockpile of nasty people killer weapons that are buying that 30
million guns a year!!!

Snerk!

Gunner

---