Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default canbus

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
lost a dippd beam bulb the other day .....only knew by the reflection
from the car in front....I thought canbus was supposed to warn you of
this....or is it just another digital thing that doesn't work properly ?

canbus is just a communication link

it can't, on its own, tell you that the bulb doesn't work. There has to
be some logic in the bulb holder to generate and send the message (and
some logic in the central console to display the information to you)

Unsurprisingly, some manufacturers use these "features" as a way of
providing "value" in their vehicles, and some don't

tim

well if it doesn't do it at least it won't have that annoying flicker so
obvious to people like me with sensitive eyes ........