Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Estimated cost for replacing private sewage treatment plant

Yes indeed, modern does not mean better and I bet nobody actually thought
about the pong factor they were looking at the bottom line.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Tim+" wrote in message
news
MM Wrote in message:
It was discovered last week that the private sewage treatment plant
servicing 40 dwellings has collapsed, needing complete replacement. At
an emergency meeting this came as a great shock to most residents.

Does anyone have any idea what such a plant would cost to install in
2017/18?

Thanks.

MM

Can't help but today I ran past two sewage treatment systems. One
old fashioned ugly filter bed system with the rotating sprinkler
arms and the other was a modern "green" reed bed system, biggest
one I've seen.

Couldn't smell anything from the old system, the reed beds stank.

Tim