Posted to rec.woodworking

Default which cutoffs for firewood

On 18 Nov 2017 18:41:26 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Jack wrote in news
*snip*

As far as painted wood, I burn it too. Treated wood I wonder about, I
know they say not to, but not sure if it's better or worse than
sending it to a landfill. I know I don't like breathing shop dust
from treated wood, and would think burning it would be bad, but who
really knows, lots of bad science/info out there, so I'm always
skeptical about this stuff.

As I understand it, the properway to dispose of treated wood is
incineration. Of course, the "pros" want to do it, as a cold smokey fire
could be a hazard.

I don't think bringing any PT is a good idea. AFAIK, it's not burned,
rather buried in a landfill.

I've burned old deck boards and had flames leaping 5' off of them.
Definitely not something to do inside. :-)

Puckdropper