Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default How to screw toilet to floor

On 18/11/2017 10:30, Graeme wrote:
In message , alan_m
writes

Use stainless steel screws - anything else (except brass) is likely to
rust over time, especially the screw head. Possibly not too much of a
problem until you want to remove the pan for maintenance purposes

The one I removed a couple of weeks ago was held by four brass screws
only, and had been solid in use, since 1979.Â* The screws came out
easily, and the pan itself then just lifted off the floor.Â* Were I
replacing it, I would, as Alan suggests, run a bead of silicone around
the base.

Mine is fitted with brass screws (1976) into the chipboard floor.
Not sure if there is a noggin below, but judging by the creaking
noise from that area, I suspect not.