Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT speed limit signs

On 18/11/17 12:41, Nightjar wrote:
On 18-Nov-17 11:15 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 18/11/17 11:05, Nightjar wrote:
On 18-Nov-17 10:44 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 18/11/17 10:38, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Murmansk wrote:

It occurred to me that it MIGHT have something to do with that road
being used by foreign lorry drivers coming from Holyhead?

I'd hope not. Lorries in the UK are restricted to 58 mph.

I thought the legal limit on motorways for HGV was 60mph, but
they're limited by EU regulations to 90kph=56mph ?

EU regulations ARE a legal limit. Until we leave the EU.

An LGV doing 60mph on a motorway or on a dual carriageway in England
and Wales is in breach of the construction and use regulations, which
cover the speed limiter, but is not exceeding the speed limit.

Its still a legal limit

It is a legally required speed limiter setting, which is not the same as
a legal speed limit. As I said, an LGV driver doing 60mph on a motorway
can't be charged with exceeding the speed limit.

Did I ever suggest that he could?