Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to screw toilet to floor

On 18/11/17 08:48, Andrew Mawson wrote:
wrote in message

Hi All

I have a new toilet to fit and it came with no fittings or
instructions. Judging by it, it should be screwed directly into the
floor. The holes are vertical so doesn't look like it needs those
plastic block things.

I am conscious that the screws will be seen and it is the only thing
holding it down so worried about the screws cracking the pan as it
moves a little. Are there special fittings for this type of installation?

Thanks

Lee

I fitted one on the ceramic tiled floor of the loo in my workshop by
seating it on a generous dollop of silicone caulking. No screws at all.
Still holding firm 7 years later

Andrew

8 years

But my loo has a very long (12") and wide base. I would not fancy it
with a small footed lav.