Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson[_2_] Andrew Mawson[_2_] is offline

Default How to screw toilet to floor

wrote in message

Hi All

I have a new toilet to fit and it came with no fittings or instructions.
Judging by it, it should be screwed directly into the floor. The holes are
vertical so doesn't look like it needs those plastic block things.

I am conscious that the screws will be seen and it is the only thing
holding it down so worried about the screws cracking the pan as it moves a
little. Are there special fittings for this type of installation?

Thanks

Lee

I fitted one on the ceramic tiled floor of the loo in my workshop by seating
it on a generous dollop of silicone caulking. No screws at all. Still
holding firm 7 years later

Andrew