Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jesse.h.aldaz@gmail.com is offline

Default Strong unbearable chemical smell in bathroom

Jmy,
I am having the same issue. Just remolded my bathroom and I have a chemical smell as well.
I did some investigation and spoke with Home Depot about the smell. What I found so far by me smelling in the
Bathroom and the web is the Adhesive pads / glue on the vanity top. The marble top is glued to the wood and the smell seems to be coming from there. Also HD explained to me that this happens in some cases. He explained that this is a bad batch of glue that was used. The ink beat to know it is bad is waiting a few days after it drys. Of course manufacturers dont wait. Since this is uncommon. I plan to either exchange the vanity or remove the glue myself and re glue the marble top on the base. If I was you I would start to smell everywhere u can and try to pinpoint the smell as best as you can. Try to remove some things as well.