Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Work bench design: Well made?

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 2:37:42 PM UTC-6, Michael wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I822PC9kW7Y

I need a small workbench in my basement where I can do hand tool stuff in the wintertime.

What do you think about the leg design on this bench? It looks pretty good to me to build it as part of the top, but I thought I would check with the experts.

I think I'll make the two side A-Frames with 2X4s, and then make the butcher block for the inside (5' X 3') and glue (and maybe bolt) the three parts together. I don't see the point of all the screws, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks.

Its a nice table with a shelf down below. But its not a woodworking workbench. Woodworking workbenches have vises on them to hold the wood so you can work with the wood. If you put a Record vise on one corner and a Veritas twin screw vise on the end, then you would have a good workbench.