Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default Repairing crack in flat bitumen roof

On 12/11/2017 08:06, harry wrote:
On Saturday, 11 November 2017 16:28:51 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:
Is there anything better than black exterior mastic (frame sealer) to
repair a foot long crack in a bitumen felt roof? The crack is near the
edge where there is a lip to control direction of water flow.

Some has used what is now hard grey stuff to repair some previous
blemishes in the tiles. It is subsequently cracked.

--
Michael Chare

Flash band on top of bitumous mastic.
Use the flashband primer.
Best done in warm weather. Unfortunately.

+1
Aluminium strip with about 2mm bitumen on one side. I have found it
very effective when it is used with the appropriate primer. It can
easily be moulded. I used it once to seal a circular downpipe going
through a flat garage roof. Very effective

Malcolm