Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Gun violence rare in U.K. compared to U.S.

On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 10:25:00 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 11/11/2017 15:17, anonymous wrote:
On 11/11/2017 09:47 AM, trader_4 wrote:
I see, so according to you, using the term "porch monkey" to refer to a
black man is not racist.

"Porch monkey" refers to a behavior, not a person.

Wrong:

List of ethnic slurs - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs
The following is a list of ethnic slurs (ethnophaulisms) that are, or
have been, used as ...... Porch monkey: a black person referring to
perceived common behavior of groups hanging out on front porches.

--
Bod

+1

I've never heard porch moneky used against anyone other than blacks. And note that's
exactly what Frank did. If it was not racist, what was the point to saying
that it was a well dressed black man that walked up on his porch, before
calling him a "porch monkey"? Many of these racists are particularly set
off when they see someone of another race that's well dressed, more
successful than they are. Here's an example of a fellow who used the term.
Note, again, it was used against a black man:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...izes-for-call/