Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Electric chainsaw motor

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 18:39:23 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

The problem is that wherever the trees can fall on lines, they will
in
a storm. All trees tall enough to impact lines should be topped
(usually not a good idea, but one option) or removed, not just
trimmed, if the power line is above ground. It's a binary problem
and
solution. Fix it or suffer the consequences. Any trees tall enough
to impact the lines should be considered to be on the utility's
right
of way. Yes, the owner should be given the choice of topping or
felling, and if they want the wood, the utility can leave the cut
remains. All or nothing. State legal teams need to get this to
happen. They already have right-of-ways through private property,
so
this is a small extension.

The owner of roadside trees is generally the town and removing them is
an expensive and difficult political issue. People complain in the
paper about trees cut on private property.

I recently had my property lines surveyed and found that one corner
was out on the pavement. The town engineer's map of the road
right-of-way overlaps my deed by nearly 20', as he showed me with his
cell phone GPS. He prefers to avoid stirring up trouble.
-jsw