Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Electric chainsaw motor

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 16:53:13 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 12:43:58 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/william.../#104f6b79fc96

What do you think? Are they right?

--
Ed Huntress

William Pentland is a professional agitator.
https://muckrack.com/william-pentland/articles?page=3

Does that mean you disagree that distribution is the problem?

--
Ed Huntress

The storm blew down trees that broke power lines and poles, so in that
sense distribution was a problem. The bucket trucks have a safe wind
limit of 35(??) MPH which the last storm exceeded all the next day,
delaying restoration. The news said a crew could install two poles per
day. One of their anchors took Pole Climbing 101 and demonstrated that
he already has the right job.

A crew had just trimmed the trees near the lines here a week before
but they don't touch trees on private property that are further back.
I did ask.
https://www.eversource.com/Content/g.../tree-trimming

Eversource serves NH, MA and CT but not Maine, so I know nothing of
conditions there. Eversource brings in crews from all over the
Northeast and some from Canada to repair damage quickly, and loans
crews out for their problems. I think I've seen a truck from Ohio.
Smaller independents are slower to restore power.

Eversource has crews on standby for another windstorm tonight.

-jsw