Terry

Default Electric Breaker Out of Slots

Zaf wrote:

"Mark or Sue" wrote in message news:6uVtb.216292$HS4.1875470@attbi_s01...
Good job on the load calculation, looks like you did it right. You do not
need a larger service at this time, but a hot tub will put you over.

There was actually one piece of information missing. The main will
trip when either pole decides to trip. In addition to the VA rating
as a whole, taking which (phase)** powers each load (i.e. you would'nt
want both ACs and the fridge on the same phase) needs to be looked at.
I also have 100A service and convinced myself I'd be OK, even adding
in transient loads like hair dryers and toasters, although they may
not be in use to long enough to be a factor.

Minor point but; ** viz. balancing the loads on the two 'sides'
of the 115/230 volt supply?
"The other 'leg' of the same 230 volt (115-0-115) phase".
I dont think the the two 115 volt 'hots' are normally different
'phases'.
If so they would be 120 degress apart and voltage between them
would not be twice 115 = 230 volts.
200 ampservice common here for past 30 years. But mainly cos of
electric heating.