Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 15:18:45 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 07:12:04 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip

So are you asking why it's currently showing ~700 W or why it's
fluctuating around 700W

Yes why is a 2KW heater only drawing 700W when fully on, if it was up to temperatury I'd expect it to disconneced with a bimetalic strip or something more advanced and would be 0W not 700W.

As would I ... so it sounds like the 700W element is in all the time?

Cheers, T i m

Except if you turn the knob thermostate down (anti-clockwise)then it switches off to 0W and the LEDs go out.