Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 06:31:00 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

snip bits Andy has since answered

That's the sort of things I'm curious about as at 9am the temerature was 14C
it is now 12 midday and teh temerature is 15C (so still below the recommened 16C as stated in the 1992 factories act section 7.

The heaters aren't powerful enough for that environment.

yes I know and it makes me wonder what sort of genious has decided to order them about 20 was the last count, still waiting for them to arrive.

Well, their suitability could be down to the side effects of the
alternatives. Like, if you were to use IR / radiant heaters they could
be considered a fire risk and an industrial blower / fan heater could
be too noisy. Decent central heating would be best but obviously not
on the hurry up..

snip

2kW (if I understand it right and how I would expect it to work
logically).

I too started thinking logically, but the facts showed something else.

So why was it showing 705W ?

turns naround to check actually it's currently 718W

This is my question.

So are you asking why it's currently showing ~700 W or why it's
fluctuating around 700W

So far I've tested 3 and they are all very similar so I doubt it's a faulty product.

If it's the latter than the measured power will be a function of the
supply voltage (that you have already told us fluctuates) and the
resistance will change with temperature that may also account for some
variation.

Cheers, T i m