Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

I like oil filled radiators. I have one in a room to help clothes dry its
less thatn a kw and seems very efficient if the thermostat is set sensibly.
Its an old Belling. Only issue is that the front plastic cover and know are
cracking presumably due to age heat and vaccuum cleaner abuse!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 08/11/17 12:51, Andy Burns wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

In an attempted to trip our 32 amp circuit braker I would have
thought that 5 would have done it, but they didn't.

(5 x 2kW / 240V) ~ 42A, a typical type B 32 amp breaker will supply north
of 45 amps for at least 2.7 hours, possibly for "ever".

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/d/d4/Curve-MCBTypeB.png

Also, did the radiator cycle a lot on its thermostat?

Many oil rads are incapable of losing the heat to the air at a rate that
matches the element rating - so they cycle on and off.

A **** B&Q rad would cycle at about 50%.

DeLonghi Ventos that I have can more or less maintain full output power
due to a superior fin and air path design.