Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So how much power does an oil filled radiator actually use.

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 12:51:39 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

In an attempted to trip our 32 amp circuit braker I would have
thought that 5 would have done it, but they didn't.

(5 x 2kW / 240V) ~ 42A, a typical type B 32 amp breaker will supply
north of 45 amps for at least 2.7 hours, possibly for "ever".

That's what I wasn't sure about we had them on for about 2 hours then a student reported that his soldering station had just switched off and wouldn't come back on again. So know I know how far I can push it ;-)

We had another 7 1.5KW radiators delievered yesterday.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/d/d4/Curve-MCBTypeB.png

cheers interesting.