Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Electric chainsaw motor

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Nov 2017 13:18:06 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"

One solar array catches an opening between the trees
before noon, the other after it. I used an extra freestanding HF
panel
to find a convenient area for the new panels where I can get power
from 8AM to 2PM though it's not a good spot for a permanent mount.

Just hope you don't have a branch come down and poke through them.
Impermanent placement sucks. Moving things twice daily is a PITA.
What are your future plans mounting and expansion?

It's still a backup for outages, until I set up outdoor battery
storage and can let them charge more quickly to the equalization and
gassing voltage. Limiting the battery voltage to non-gassing 13.6V as
the APC1400 SmartUPS does extends the recharge time past one day. I
think I can get away with a partial recharge for a week or so by using
a generator and my 24V 20A welding transformer charger to make up
solar shortages.

Speaking of falling branches, last Sunday's storm brought down two
full grown oaks and the top of a third among my sheds out back without
doing more than dent the edges of the corrugated roofs as the trees
landed right beside and between them.
-jsw