Charles Krug

Default Explosives: Tree stump removal

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:21:54 GMT, klm wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 06:18:50 GMT, Crafty wrote:

Hello. I have been having trouble with removing a stump. I cannot afford to
rent a dozer, grinder, or hire someone to do it for me. I have several
LARGE stumps to remove. Digging is also impossible because there are many
other tree roots nearby, and the ground is mostly rock and clay.

If renting a grinder is too inconvenient how about using a chainsaw as
a gouger. That is use the tip of the chainsaw to gouge out a large
hole in the stump so that you can pour chemicals into it and minimize
the chemicals running out to contaminate the soil. Once the surface
layers of the stump have softened use the chainsaw to remove the gunk
and repeat the process until the stump can be cut back to below ground
level.

I wouldn't. Too easy to catch the wrong side of the tip and get a saw
bar in your skull.

Might try an angle grinder with a wood carving disc installed, however.