Frogleg

Default flushing cat litter down toilet - should landlord forbid this?

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 08:29:50 -0600, Tom Rodman
] wrote:

Should I insist that the tenant refrain from flushing *any* of the cat crap or
soiled cat litter down the toilet?

Yes. I thoroughly sift the, um, solids out of clay litter and flush
with no problems. However, there are all sorts of litter these days,
and all kinds of tenants. The "clumping" sort (of litter, not tenants)
results in about 3/4 cupful of dampish sand for each urination. Not
good for drains. There are also very fluffy wood/paper chip litters.
Would you want shredded newspaper put down the toilet?

I don't know how you can *stop* clandestine flushing, but you can at
least make it clear that it is positively forbidden.