Mike Dobony

Default 4-wire dryer power cord **longer** than 6 feet

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
That's probably a good idea, especially if it makes you feel
better. But I don't believe this code crap. I did a short
google search and couldn't find anything. However, since
appliances usually come with their own cord, wouldn't the
use of an extension cord of 6 feet or more violate the
code?

??????? Always had to by one as there are many variations on dryer and
stove outlets. Mobile home code usually requres 4 prong, while standard
home outlets are 3 prong. You move you just might have to either change
plugs and cord or outlet. Just did this for someone a few months ago!

--
Mike D.

www.stopassaultnow.org

Remove .spamnot to respond by email

And if so, wouldn't it logically be illegal to
manufacture and sell extension cord over 6 feet for interior
use?

sz wrote:

Thanks everyone for our input!

I've got a call in to our electrician. I'll confirm the code issue as
well. If it is a code issue, I'll probably just have the outlet moved.
I'll sleep better that way!

Best,
SZ

---