George E. Cawthon

Default 4-wire dryer power cord **longer** than 6 feet

That's probably a good idea, especially if it makes you feel
better. But I don't believe this code crap. I did a short
google search and couldn't find anything. However, since
appliances usually come with their own cord, wouldn't the
use of an extension cord of 6 feet or more violate the
code? And if so, wouldn't it logically be illegal to
manufacture and sell extension cord over 6 feet for interior
use?

sz wrote:

Thanks everyone for our input!

I've got a call in to our electrician. I'll confirm the code issue as
well. If it is a code issue, I'll probably just have the outlet moved.
I'll sleep better that way!

Best,
SZ