Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default Odd label on Boiler

"Graeme" wrote in message
In message , John Rumm
writes

Its probably supposed to symbolise a chimney sweep... Vaillant boilers
have a diagnostic mode where you can get them to run the fan at max speed
to attempt to blow anything out of the flue that should not be there.

Probably right, given that the top hat is the traditional sign of a
chimney sweep.

Is it? I never knew that. A chimney sweep's brush (long pole with a ring of
bristles at right angles to the shaft) would have been a much better icon
for them to use.

If they allowed speech bubbles as well, the sweep could be saying "this is a
right PILLOCK of a job", which is the phrase a chimney sweep used every few
minutes to describe the problems of sweeping our chimney which goes up and
then bends at 45 degrees in two directions, making it difficult for him to
reach some of the soot to shovel it out into the bag after he'd loosened it
with the brush. Now whenever I don't want to do a difficult job, I have a
standing joke with my wife: "it'll be a right pillock of a job" :-)