Doug Miller

Default Electric Breaker Out of Slots

In article , "Wade Lippman" wrote:
My 1983 house has a Sylvania box, and it takes the common Murray/Siemens
breakers. Two 15/15s will set you back $17. I don't know if it is
Challenger, but I expect all early 80s Sylvanias used the same breakers.
For about the same price you can get a quad breaker that lets you put two
240v circuits in 2 slots. That will probably be easier because you don't
have to move anything, but you will probably have to go to an electrical
supply house to buy it.

I've seen quad 15, 20, and 30A breakers at Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace
Hardware. Ace also carries the combo quad breakers such as 15-20 and 20-30.