Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Odd label on Boiler

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 14:43:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 12:00:26 PM UTC+1, Mark Carver wrote:
A friend is puzzled by a symbol on his new boiler's control panel.

It shows a Top Hat and Ladder ? !

See pictu-

http://www.markyboy.net/Top-hat+ladder.jpg

Why, and what does it all mean ?

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk

What the absolute HELL is this top hat and ladder? WOW, I mean, its bad enough we don't have any heating, whats worse is we can't understand a thing thats going on because were not in the monopoly game. Why? I can't understand, I am not a monopoly sized human, nor thimble, nor boot, nor battle ship. Please send help, SOS.

You are responding to a post made in 2011.

The symbol refers to a chimney sweep, and probably to settings that are to be
set by someone who knows what they are doing, and possibly measuring what they
are doing.

http://www.duden.de/_media_/small/S/Schornsteinfeger-201020475288.jpg

The small ladder is to get to the top of the chimney from the roof, rope and
brush, etc. The CO2 analyzer, IR thermometers, soot analyzer, laptop ... are
left outside the photo for picturesqueness. Also the crystal ball that tells the
sweep whether you are having a problem with a gas, oil, wood fired heater, etc.

Thomas Prufer