I-zheet M'drurz

Default flushing cat litter down toilet - should landlord forbid this?

On 16 Nov 2003, Tom Rodman wrote:

(snip)
One plumber friend I talked with last night was shocked that cat
litter might be getting into the drain system. His concern was that
the litter might accumulate in the drain pipes, and might require an
expensive repair- cutting out the cast iron pipework to remove the
eventual hard blockage.

Comments?

Flushing the actual cat crap down the drain shouldn't be a
problem (no more than larger human stuff) but I would *never*
flush litter down the toilet. You have it figured right, it is
likely clumping up in at least one place. It would be the same
as flushing sand or gravel, IMO.

Tom Pendergast e-mail is for sissies, say it on line