Art Begun

Default Maytag washing machines: beware

To correct my typo:

"Can't be" should have read "Can't beat"

"Art Begun" wrote in message
ink.net...
You might want to call Maytag to see what they suggest before you

get
****ed at them for what GE and Home Depot does.

My Maytage Neptune is great and just gave it to my parents after 7
years of use and bought the slightly bigger Sears/Whirlpool HE3T.

It
vibrates incredibly and after fixing 2 defects in it that might have
caused the vibration it still vibrates and may have to be exchanged
for a replacement. Can't be the signs at Sears which say

Satisfaction
Guaranteed.

"William Wuister" wrote in message
On Nov 7, 2003 our Maytag Neptute washing machine (model MAH5500)

quit
working
when it was a year and a half old. We purchased it at Home Depot.

We
also
purchased an "extended warranty" good for 5 years, I think. We

called
Home Depot
on Nov 7, since it was under warranty. They said that they sold

the
warranty to
GE and that we need to call them. So we did. That was on a Friday.

On
the next
Wednesday GE sent a "non-certified" repair person to fix the

machine.
He didn't
know how to fix it since he was not trained on this machine, and

he
couldn't
get parts under warranty for the same reason. So we called GE back

and
they
said that non-certified people are not allowed to do warranty

repairs
(yet they
sent him in the first place), so they scheduled a Maytag-certified
person to
call about repairing it on the next Friday. On Friday they called

and
said that
they don't service this area, so now it's a week later and we're

still
trying
to get GE to get someone to fix this washing machine. The door is
locked
and it won't run.

This is to warn people about purchasing Maytag washing machines.

They
don't
last. The original repair person that looked at it said that they

are
going
bad "left and right". They seem to have a stupid "wax motor"

design
that burns
up the computer board in it, which he thinks is our problem, but

is
not sure.
Also he said that the motor/motor controller board pair is going

bad
in lots of
these machines. Don't buy Maytag! As it stands now we have no idea
when this
machine will be repaired under our warranty.

The next part of my complaint is that the GE warranty company is

very
incompetent. We have been talking to them for 7 days now trying

get them to
get someone here to fix this machine. They now say that someone

will
call us
next Tuesday: 10 days after our initial call to GE.

Finally, I have a complaint against Home Depot for:
1. selling our warranty contract to GE
2. selling Maytag washing machines. They should not be selling
expensive
junk that won't last more than a year and a half. If
we had to pay
outright for the repairs on this machine it would cost
about $500. The
computer board is $200 + wax motor + labor.

Home Depot + GE + Maytag is a very bad combination.

William