Michael Baugh

Default Explosives: Tree stump removal

I did that once. Every day, a brushoff of the
previous day's ashes, more charcoal, plenty of heat.

Only needed a little over a week on that one.

Jim Thompson wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 00:59:39 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"
wrote:

[snip]
To burn these stumps, a contained fire would work
a lot better, although a hot maintained fire will also
work. You will need a bunch of fuel, so you need to build a
bonfire around the stump.

[snip]

You reminded me. Many years ago I had a mesquite stump to get rid of
(mesquite is *very* hard).

Sawed it off as flush to the ground as I could manage with a big
logger's saw, then dug around the roots to expose them.

Covered the whole thing with charcoal and lit it off.

Daily I'd come home from work and add more charcoal.

It was gone (below ground-level) in slightly over a week.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |