Mad Mac

Default Maytag washing machines: beware

Art Begun wrote:

You might want to call Maytag to see what they suggest before you get
****ed at them for what GE and Home Depot does.

I'd endorse that advice. Maytag have generally been good at
"stepping up to the plate" in these sorts of cases.

"William Wuister" wrote

On Nov 7, 2003 our Maytag Neptute washing machine (model MAH5500)

quit working when it was a year and a half old.

The original repair person that looked at it said that they
are going
bad "left and right". They seem to have a stupid "wax motor" design
that burns
up the computer board in it, which he thinks is our problem, but is
not sure.

This WAS a problem with the early Neptunes - your model incorporates a
redesigned door boot with improved drainage to stop this problem. I've
never heard of a 5500 or 7500 (the touch screen model) with this issue,
though the other appliance guys on here may have a different story....

Also he said that the motor/motor controller board pair is going bad
in lots of
these machines.

Again, I haven't heard of any widespread problems of this nature, but
see above...

Finally, I have a complaint against Home Depot for:
1. selling our warranty contract to GE

As I understand it, the extended warranties from HD have always been
through GE. Problem seems to be that they don't have adequate training
and/or parts support to back up these warranties (at least when it comes
to other manufacturers' product) in a reasonable manner.