Default 4-wire dryer power cord **longer** than 6 feet

I seem to recall that Home Depot carries a 9 foot 4 prong( two hots a
neutral and a ground) dryer pigtail 10 gage 30 amp in their electrical
department, not in their appliance department.

Stan

On 15 Nov 2003 12:41:42 -0800, (sz) wrote:

This seems to be my day for asking questions...

I need a 4-wire power cord for an electric dryer. The problem is that
the longest stock cord I've seen listed is (like my corrent cord) 6
feet long and I need something at least 8 feet long. There was a
reference to longer cords being available a much earlier posting but I
havn't been able to find one. Does any one know of a source for a
longer cord. I might be willing to pay for a custom cord; it may still
be cheaper than moving the outlet.

Thanks!
SZ

{Delete nospam for email}