Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric cars - running costs.

In article ,
wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 00:37:05 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

lights. The mechanical brakes are only used to stop the car. Normal
braking is regenerative, ie all speed control on the one pedal.

Not sure I'd like a car with no brakes - other than just to bring it to a
halt over the last few yards. ;-)

Any particular reason why?
As a London resident you may well use Public transport more
frequently than those in the sticks and many of the electric trains
that you may use will be slowing in a very similar fashion.

You think a train running on rails the same as a car on a road? ;-)

I was just commenting on the nonsense that electric cars don't have normal
brakes. Of course they do - even when using regeneration to slow them down
to some extent. Unless you think two wheel brakes are going to be
marvellous for all occasions.

--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.