Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Blocked ink-jet nozzles

On Wednesday, 25 October 2017 00:07:04 UTC+1, Colin Horsley wrote:
On 25/10/2017 10:00, tabbypurr wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 19:51:44 UTC+1, Ian Field wrote:
"John-Del" wrote in message
On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 9:47:29 AM UTC-4, wrote:

My last Epson was DM with a ribbon cartridge.

I fitted mine with a re-inker. But eventually ribbon wear causes pin jam.

Tell me more about the re-inker.
I am still using an NEC Pinwriter P5200 !!

Colin

Ah, multipart forms presumably. Put a full height pad inside the cart where the ribbon would be pulled past it, either on the ribbon output or input, I forget which. Drilled a hole in the cart top for ink & countersunk it. You can go further by adding a tiny plastic offcut to act as a miniature funnel. Now just put however many drops of ink in the funnel and it reinks the ribbon as you go. There is some tendency to reink a third of the length and not the rest, so little & often rather than one big glug.

ISTR a mix of printer's ink & meths being good, though you can use cheaper mixes. I'm pretty sure I used to use paraffin as the liquid base. You can add ready made ink or a cheap dye.

Violet is cheapest but fades right away in time. Costs vary a lot per colour. They're the same price per gram but violet goes a lot further than black.. For dark colours, mix red, green, etc then add a little black to darken it.