Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Blocked ink-jet nozzles

On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 9:47:29 AM UTC-4, wrote:

For the usual padless carts I use a length of spaghetti tube as a
dipstick , when filling from syringe, rather than cc markings on the
syringe.

if you do only occasional printing and in BW only, really get yourself an inexpensive LASER printer.

Much less hassle

Totally agree. My last freaking piece of **** printer was an Epson. The damned thing said it was down on one color (allegedly) and not only would it refuse to print in B&W, but refused to even scan documents until I gave it it's cyan fix.

My first printer was a HP Deskjet 500 and that thing would print tons of pages, was silent as the night, and never gave me trouble. I stupidly retired it when color injets became cheaper. That was the beginning of the printer wars with me as the French resistance.

I picked up a cheap HP B&W laser printer two years ago and won't ever look back. I don't need color and I don't need to worry about half full ink cartridges jamming up or refusing to identify themselves as authentic Epson cartridges. The laser printer is the closest thing to my old Deskjet for reliablility, and it's a hell of a lot faster than any comparable injet.