Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default RCM hits a new low

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 21:20:03 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

"In the past 40 yrs..I think Ive been unemployed for a total of
hummm...6 days."
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....eb24039fa0acfd

Absolutely correct.

"Ive only been unemployed for about 3 months"
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...89d0323c4125cf

Absolutely correct.
I hire guys like you from the Home Depot parking lot.

You can't even afford the gas to get to HD, you lying loon. Get a job!

Wayne

Yes, and? Of course you and Whine and Timmy May are an interesting
group. Id love to see the three of you in a phone both. Im pretty
sure
Tim May would kill the both of you, before staggering out and having a
heart attack.

And yes, I do own my own company..and in fact, I and my partner
started
up a second one 6 months ago.

Of course Whine is, like you..a ****y little useless bit of fluff who
knows absolutely nothing about machining let alone the world in
general... though he hangs out on Rec.crafts.metalworking,

As for me..shrug..I repair machinery. Tommorow through the rest of
the
week, Ill be in Bakersfield, installing a machine shop in an empty
building. Electrical, air lines, lighting and the machines themselves.

I get to do it the way I want it, (as long as its to code), because
the
owner hired me to set up his shop, then machine pumping unit parts for
him as the busted machines come in and are repaired by his guys. Im
not
a bad machinist, though I hate going to the same place every day.
Which
is why I liked being an independant traveling service tech.

But..shrug..manufacturing in California is dying rapidly. So Ill be
backing out of the machinery repair business and be doing straight
machining. I was out in the shop I have at home earlier this evening,
doing a set of rim adapters for a guy who wants to put Porsche wheels
on
his Chevy S10 of all things. Today a guy came over and I heliarced
some parts for him in my welding shop. The past couple weeks Ive been
cleaning up the property. I closed down a couple factories mid last
year
and wound up with many Tons of parts, pieces, machinery, etc etc. Ive
been selling it off a piece at a time, which is a good thing since
manufacturing has gone straight into the toilet in California.
Shrug..I
used to make 5-9 service calls a week ($75hr, + mileage+travel
time)..and Ive not had a call for service in 4 weeks now. Calling my
clients..they are all in deep **** with no end in sight. Since the
1st
of last year..Ive had 16 customers go tits up. Empty buildings.
Another
10-12 are down from 15-30 employees to 2-3 working 25-30 hours a week.

Ive got two service calls lined up for next week. COD.

Ive run my own business since 1996. Feast or famine. The Recession of
2000-2001 didnt help much either.

But..shrug, I always get job offers. I worked for other people most
of
my life, usually as manager, Senior Engineer, and finally got tired of
the rat race and went out on my own.
Yes,,working for others can be much better than being self employed.
Or
it can be a hell of a lot worse. It just depends on what you are
looking
for. Me..after having worked for others for most of my life..really
like
setting my own hours and being responsible to only me..and the Client.

Ive been a factory trained field tech for

http://www.omniturn.com/

For the last 14 yrs and since manufacturing has gone into the
toilet..Ive added other brands of machinery to my services.

Prior to that, I was branch manager and Senior Tech for one of the
Cincinnati Time distributors, with offices in Bakersfield, Visalia
and
Fresno. 4 yrs and then one day I finally got tired of the little
*******
who owned the company and walked. He was 5'5" tall, and a drunk.
Which
is why he hired me. I was quite good, and took good care of his
business. His partner had walked out on him..and he needed someone
techinical to run his business. Which I did rather well, if I may say
so
myself. When I walked out on him..I took all my licenses..and he was
out of business in 8 months.

http://www.cincinnatitime.com/

The Japs bought Cinci and changed the name...
http://www.amano.com/

I was Senior Engineer, doing all manner of time and attendence
computer
systems, fire and alarm systems and had clearence to do all the
repair,
installation and maint of time and attendence systems in most of
Californias state prisons. Which is where I ran into Charlie Manson,
which Ive mentioned before.

Humm..lets see..I started up, developed and ran the alarm division
for
an alarm company for 15 yrs prior to that..West Side Security which
became

http://www.mssecurityservices.com/

I also did investigations, taught firearms training and tactical.
I still have my dress uniform (still fits) and my Captains badge #1,
in
my "Love Me" case.

I was also a Fresno Co. Deputy Sheriff for almost 8 of those same
years.
So I stayed busy...too ****ing busy actually. Cost me a lot, nearly
cost
me a wife.

Oh..I ran a pawn shop for a while. Only 3 yrs though.. My dad was a
gemologist and horologist for 35 years with his own chain of
stores..so
I grew up in the jewelry and timepiece business. And since I know a
smidge about firearms...shrug..we did really well, until the owner
decided to add a sex shop ..and the city council and he bumped
heads..and then ultimately pulled out after the city started making
it
rough on him.

The only store he has left after I pulled the plug.

http://santabarbara.citysearch.com/p...ry_loan_3.html

His ex owns the #1, in Burbank. Nice guy..but was a bit full of
himself..which doesnt get it in small rural towns in that business.
His
wife on the other hand..the poor lady had some serious medical
issues..and she was an utter nutcase because of it. I never did find
out what happened to her.

Prior to that, I worked in the oil fields here and there, was in
Vietnam
twice, shrug...worked through highschool as a ski
instructor,lumberjack,photographer..the usual.

In the past 40 yrs..I think Ive been unemployed for a total of
hummm...6
days.

Now as to the property tax thing...ayup..I sure owe some of those. The
records are not by any means current. On the other hand...I own my
place lock stock and barrel. And Ive been working hard on paying the
back taxes. The ex did quite a number on me, as I had thought she was
paying those taxes for most of those years..and she hadnt. Crom knows
gave her the money to pay em.

Which is one of the several reasons she is now my ex. One of the
reasons...shrug.
She admitted that she hated the small town we live in..and figured
that
if we lost the place..we would have to move. As it turned out..she
moved..I stayed. VBG..then she had a major heart attack
(genetic..killed her dad, one brother and crippled another...all of
them
at age 45...they had an Experation Date). Now I take care of her and
she takes care of the homestead as best as she can when Im on the
road.
We have come to terms with each other..and she knows Im not planning
on
going anywhere for a while.

Can I walk on water? Nope. Am I respected in my community and in my
industry? Ayup.

Am I respected on Usenet, which is my place to play games with
Leftwing
extremist fringe kooks? Who knows. Frankly..I dont much care.
Its a faceless group of people. Though I have met a few of the
regulars
over the years, and like nearly all of them that Ive met.

I keep asking the Leftwing Extremists to come visit...but all they do
is
spew, run in circles and scream and shout. They make rude noises,
pout
a lot and generally act like the mentally ill, retarded buffoons that
they are. But they never show up. Well there is that one guy..but he
didnt stay long. Left his car behind though. They never did find out
where he ran off to. He probably got lost in the desert and the
coyotes
ate him. Stupid ******* never did have a brain in his head. But
then..he was a violent stupid and buffoonish leftwinger. Shrug..and
the
nation is much better off with him deep..er..missing

And they (leftwingers) are all butt stupid. Cant pour **** out of a
boot, not even if the instructions are on the heel.

In fact..thats pretty much how all the readers here view you. Dumb as
bag of cat ****, and trying hard to make yourself look good.
Unsucessfully btw. But then..you are obviously mentally ill so some
folks take pity on you. Others on the other hand..added you to the
List
for removal during the Great Cull.

No idea who is gonna claim your scalp, couldnt care less. But I will
be
tickled when I get a video or snapshot of your ending.

Sure you arent going to come "take care" of me? I know a guy that
would
love to have company. I could put you right next to him. Well..close
enough anyways.

Gunner

That was from 2010

This is the second link...from 2006

6/19/06
On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 01:19:57 GMT, "Jerry Okamura"

Of course. We all have choice. The slave ring around ones neck went
out of style in 1867.

One can remain dependant on a company. and hope it lasts..or one can
make plans for when it turns to ****. Personally..Ive had at least 7
major career changes in my life time..humm..lets see...

Thought my parents were idiots and left home at 15.

Age 15, river and hunting guide, winter months, worked at ski resort
teaching skiing and running lifts. On National Ski Patrol.
Still in highschool

age 16..worked on oil rigs and finished highschool. They all thought I
was 18.

Age 17..two tours in Southeast Asia

age 20. worked for 6 weeks for Fisher Body..wanted to cut my wrists
from boredom.
Age 20 Went west again and worked again in oil fields

Age 23..got hurt on the job and wound up working for a security
company as alarm tech

Age 23, started work as Deputy Sherrif as a second job

Lost a house in an earthquake during between age 20-31, along with
most everything I owned.

Age 31, gave up law enforcement. Hated it though as I was quite good
at it.

Age 38..company was bought out by large corp and as Id worked my way
to Sr. Engineer..I got riffed. Lost 15 yrs of profit sharing, all
bennies, retirement.

Age 38-40..managed a pawn shop

Age 40-43, Sr. Engineer of Cincinnati Time franchise..3 offices.

Age 43-47 Field service technician for CNC machine tool manufacturer

Age 47- company had total layoff due to Clinton Recession and halt of
US
manufacturing (2001)

Age 47-52. Current. Hung up my own shingle and am self employed
machine tool service tech. I do repair, service, installation,
infrastructure
maint and support. Electrical, air, data, networking, computer repair,
sales and brokering of machine tools and similar equipment.

So lets see..
Guide, ski instructor, oil field hand,soldier,
alarm/data/communications engineer, auto industry worker, oil field
hand again, (three differnt types..exploration, drilling, workover),
cop, pawn broker, time/data/acess control/fire alarm engineer, CNC
field tech, and now self employed where I do a lot of the above as
self employed.

looks like 15 different career changes in my short life time. Ive only
been unemployed for about 3 months during those years, and only
because I wanted to take breaks from whatever I was doing and look
around.

Did I whimper and **** myself because no one would hold my hand? I
also raised a family during those years too."

-------

You will notice the difference in writing styles. I had the stroke
about 10 months or so prior to the first link..and yeah....I could
only remember being unemployed about 6 days. I could also barely walk
without a cane then too.

The second link was much clearer. I was unemployed for about 30 days
after managing the pawn shop and suing the woman owner..and winning
big time. I sat back and raked the money in she was forced to pay
me...and inside of a month..I was climbing the walls and looking for
things to do. Drove me ****ing crazy being unemployed..even with good
money coming in. So I took the job with Cincinatti Time.. The owner
was a bad drunk, much like you..and I simply walked out, taking all my
licenses with me. He was tits up in only a few months. Thats when I
started machine tool service.

Feel free to look both up in the Google posts. I covered that quite
in depth.

And your response is?

Other than continued drooling?

Gunner