Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Blocked ink-jet nozzles

On 2017/10/23 7:52 AM, N_Cook wrote:
On 23/10/2017 15:22, wrote:
On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 9:42:45 AM UTC-4, N_Cook wrote:

2 minutes in an ultrasonic bath ,canted over to the yellow side, in
methylated spirits. Both now fine photo-grade output, with refilled
carts.

Yes. Ultrasonic cleaners can be very close to magic if properly applied.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Mine gets very little use, but the top, conveniently glass for would-be
viewing, is all crazed/micro-fractured?
Is that common with such cleaners, partially self destructing?
If I want to see whats going on, I have to find a piece of glass or
perspex to cover over the dancing fluid fountains.

I should have said , with the damp tissue test, showing yellow staining
on the tissue. Also locked-in , meaning makers trying to defeat cart
refilling, to force purchase from them.
Another tip, I don't see with ink refill kits, they always seem to say
drill in . That must leave plastic swarf inside. I use a conical
soldering iron tip at the breather hole , to melt in. Then when closing
, a short length of spaghetti tube inserted and then hot melt glue
around it and marginally into the plastic of the cart, so easily pulled
away the next time.

Better laser printer refill companies often sold a soldering iron with a
round tip to melt a proper hole. And included a plastic plug so you
could more easily refill in the future.

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com