Posted to alt.home.repair
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default Reducing Noise from nearby busy street

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 8:47:20 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:

On 10/22/17 8:44 PM, Nyknba wrote:

I am trying to reduce the noise I hear from inside and outside my home. The
noise is a constant hum and vibration from the cars on the Main Street in
which I live .30 miles from. Speed limit on the street is 40mph with 2
lanes
in each direction.Â* Are there any remedies I can implement to help
reduce this
noise?Â* I have double glazed windows as well. Any recommendations?
Looking for
some cheap options as well as any possible costly ones.

Trees, bushes, sound wall.

Yes, trees and bushes are excellent sound absorbers.